[comp.sys.mac.misc] Complimentary Subscription to MacWeek

clg@guardian.cs.psu.edu (Craig Lee Gruneberg) (06/12/90)

How does one go about qualifying for a free subscription to MacWeek?
I would like to hear from someone who has been successful at this.
Addresses/phone numbers appreciated.

Thanks
--
Craig Lee Gruneberg    [clg@cs.psu.edu]|  Phone: [814]-865-9505
Penn State University                  |

jtn@potomac.ads.com (John T. Nelson) (06/12/90)

In article <F&rvzdh@cs.psu.edu> clg@guardian.cs.psu.edu (Craig Lee Gruneberg) writes:
>How does one go about qualifying for a free subscription to MacWeek?
>I would like to hear from someone who has been successful at this.
>Addresses/phone numbers appreciated.

I'd like to know why my copy of MacWeek hasn't arrived.  It's been
weeks now and I used to get it quite regularly.  Did MacWeek just drop
off the face of the earth or something?

liu@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Richard C Liu) (06/13/90)

In article <8763@potomac.ads.com> jtn@potomac.UUCP (John T. Nelson) writes:
>In article <F&rvzdh@cs.psu.edu> clg@guardian.cs.psu.edu (Craig Lee Gruneberg) writes:
>>How does one go about qualifying for a free subscription to MacWeek?
>>I would like to hear from someone who has been successful at this.
>>Addresses/phone numbers appreciated.

All I did to get my free subscription was to get my hands on a copy of MacWeek
from one of my friends, and then fill out one of the subscription forms inside
it.  The forms are on one of the cardboard inserts;  it's full page sized so
you can't miss it.  I'm not sure exactly what they require of you to qualify
for the freebie.  I just filled in all the boxes and sent it in.

>I'd like to know why my copy of MacWeek hasn't arrived.  It's been
>weeks now and I used to get it quite regularly.  Did MacWeek just drop
>off the face of the earth or something?

This happened to me, too.  And a number of my friends also get theirs
rather sporadically.  I hadn't gotten an issue for a few months, until
last week when one suddenly showed up in my mailbox.  I wonder if I'll
get one this week?

(But wow, 1M SIMMs for $59!  Should I hold out much longer?)

- Richard Liu

wolf@mel.cipl.uiowa (06/13/90)

MacWeek had the week off for Memorial Day and so there was one week which it
was not published.  That could be the reason for not getting it.  It didn't
drop off the face of the Earth, just the face of the working world.

weyh@ladwp.UUCP (Darwin C. Weyh) (06/13/90)

If you call them up they will send you a subscription form.

But WHAT is the NUMBER?

> But WHAT is the NUMBER?
>
> --
5821, Cherry Hill, NY 08034; (609) 428-500.

Leonore Findsen | College of Pharmacy  | INTERNET: fax0357@uoft02.utoledo.edu
system manager? | University of Toledo |    VOICE: (419) 537-2729
Asst. Professor | Toledo, OH  43606    |
they are in business to make money. If the readership of MacWeek appears
to be people who influence Mac purchaseing or Marketing they get more
money for advertising space.

The last company I worked for most the Tech Support department received
MacWeek, but if you looked at the address labels we had a zillion
Directors of Customer Services, Mangers, and Supervisors. No Tech
Representives. I've seen the happen with all the free trades. I don't
think they care as long as there reader profiles look good.

So next time say your the Director of Quality Assurance for YoYo Inc.

Steve B.
Banyan Systems