[comp.sys.mac.misc] mail

toma@bit.UUCP (Tom Arneberg) (06/16/90)

In article <1990Jun14.213512.5011@oswego.Oswego.EDU> ostroff@oswego.Oswego.EDU (Boyd Ostroff) writes:
>In article <5082@zehntel.UUCP> dac@zehntel (Dennis Carlson) writes:
>>My Uncle has an account on compuserve. Is it possible to mail things to
>>him from Usenet? If so would some kind soul out there tell me how to do it.
>
>Easy (assuming you have smail or some other intelligent mailer).  Let's
>say his account on Compu$erve is 1234,5678.  You should be able to just
>address your mail to 1234.5678@Compuserve.Com.  Note the substitution of
>the period (.) for the comma (,) in the Compu$erve account number.
>If your mailer only understands uucp paths, and you are connected to some
>internet site (lets call it big.site.edu) you could try something like
>1234.5678%Compuserve.Com@big.site.edu or compuserve.com!1234.5678@big.site.edu.

Or, if you're not on Internet and can only use bang-style addresses,
find a path to compuserve.com. For example, at our site we're connected
to sun, so I can get to a Compuserve user by:

		     sun!compuserve.com!12345.6789

- Tom A.
/\_______\      /\___\	        Thomas R. Arneberg, Senior CAD Engineer
\/__   __/     / /    \	        Bipolar Integrated Technology, Beaverton, Ore.
 / /  /       / /  /\  \        (World's fastest floating point/RISC chips!)
/ /  / /\_\  / /  /==\  \ /\_\  UUCP: ...!{harvard!ogicse,sun,decwrl}!bit!toma
\/__/  \/_/  \/__/    \__\\/_/  Internet: bit!toma@cse.ogi.edu