I just received an upgrade notice, so wanted to let y'all know:
For latest rev of Talking Moose (V3.0), send $20 to author:
Steve Halls
#303-3837 Luther Place
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
CANADA  S7H 4B1
--or--
Baseline Publishing, Inc.
5100 Poplar Ave.  Suite 527
Memphis, TN  38137

Talking Moose includes MacinTalk.

-Drew Wade
drew@objy.com

davidd@ttidca.TTI.COM (David Dantowitz) (06/14/90)

Can someone explain what the moose is (for those of us who are
newcomers)?

--
David Dantowitz

Singing Barbershop when not computing

drew@cup.portal.com (Andrew E Wade) (06/16/90)

>Can someone explain what the moose is (for those of us who are
>newcomers)?

Sure.  It's a silly little init that pops up a window with a funny-looking
little moose that says funny things.  Doesn't that sound ridiculous?  Yet,
somehow, it gives your machine a personality.  It can be set to greet you
on start-up/shutdown, speak menus, windows, etc., as well as popping up
on its own after various idle delay times and spouting some random
words of wisdom.

Comes with several things, like da to speak typed-in or clipboard text
(proofreading), ability to enter/edit moose phrases (what it says when
it pops up), to teach macintalk correct pronunciation for exceptions to
its rules, etc.

Oh, yeah.  While it's talking, the moose's lips actually form the words--
correctly.

The new version is supposed to have such wonderful features as:
Canadian accent (the author is canadian, I guess), movable moose
window, and more that I've forgotten.

-Drew Wade
drew@objy.com

adam@media-lab.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Adam Glass) (06/16/90)

drew@cup.portal.com (Andrew E Wade) writes:
> The new version is supposed to have such wonderful features as:
> Canadian accent

A Canadian accent with MacinTalk?  Or does TM 3.0 not use MacinTalk anymore?

Adam