[comp.sys.mac.misc] URGENT REQUEST

dmagcuill@swift.cs.tcd.ie (06/14/90)

Does anyone know what the System Error ID=28 is and how to avoid it.
It keeps happening in a large Prolog program.

This is an urgent request, and I'd really apreciate replies via e-mail.

 ,
Daire
--

    ,      ,                       , ,
"Is e an chead bhraon a rinne mo sharu;

	chan fhuil dolaidh ar bith sa chuid deireanach"

 		Another old Armagh proverb

"Ask not what your country can do for you,

	But rather what you can do your country for"

		New Armagh proverb

kulp@cs.nps.navy.mil (Jeff Kulp x2174) (06/17/90)

In article <6996.2677a981@swift.cs.tcd.ie> dmagcuill@swift.cs.tcd.ie writes:

>Does anyone know what the System Error ID=28 is and how to avoid it.
>It keeps happening in a large Prolog program.
>
>This is an urgent request, and I'd really apreciate replies via e-mail.

Tried e-mail but it bounced.

System error 28 is abbreviated dsStknHeap (??!) which translates to
"stack has moved into application heap".

To hazard a guess, I'd say that your prolog program has gone into some
type of recursive infinite loop, causing the run time stack to overwrite
your prolog interpreter.  Remember, this is only a guess.

Jeff Kulp
kulp@cs.nps.navy.mil