[comp.sys.mac.misc] wanting the beginning 'C' source code from MacUser

steve@uswmrg2.UUCP (Steve Martin) (06/29/90)

In article <2314.268b7dfc@csc.anu.oz> pfr654@csc.anu.oz writes:
>Last question: which do you think is more important/bigger: CompuServe or
>UseNet?

Boy that is a loaded  question, please define "more important." CompuServe
has a large number of diverse topic areas to access, and a huge number
of public domain/shareware packages.  They also have round tables sponsored
by product vendors where  you can get online support.  On the other hand
it is expensive. But more important?!?
--
Steve Martin                         | Nothing I say can be held against
U S West Marketing Resources Group   | Me or my employer!

pfr654@csc.anu.oz (06/29/90)

Hi

I have just purchased the May issue of US MacUser magazine and find that one
can get the source code for the miniGenApp from Compuserve.

I am not on compuserve as it is prohibitively expensive for foreign users
so I was wondering if someone would place these source code items on an
anonymous ftp site, or comp.binaries.mac or comp.sources.mac.

I realize that the code may be copyrighted by the authors, but again, I
don't think that I can contact them via UseNet.

If it is possible to email MacUser or MacWorld, I would be happy to do so,
if I had the appropriate mailing address.

Last question: which do you think is more important/bigger: CompuServe or
UseNet?
Phil Ryan
ANU Department of Physics and Theoretical Physics
Canberra, Australia
pfr654@csc.anu.oz.au   phone:(61 6) 249 4678   fax:(61 6) 249 0741