[comp.sys.mac.misc] UUDECODE for Mac - wanted!

Hooper_TA@cc.curtin.edu.au (06/12/90)

I'm looking for a PD or shareware implementation of the uudecode
software for the Mac.

I've got StuffIt, MacCompress, tar, unshar, Unzip and practically
every other converter you could think of but I can't find a uudecode!

I've checked info-mac as well. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks for your help...

Todd Hooper                                                Computing Centre
                                            Curtin University of Technology
Internet: hooper_ta@cc.curtin.edu.au                      Western Australia
ACSnet  : hooper_ta@cc.cut.oz.au
Bitnet  : hooper_ta%cc.curtin.edu.au@cunyvm.bitnet
UUCP    : uunet!munnari.oz!cc.curtin.edu.au!hooper_ta
Phone   : +61 9 351 7467 (24 hour messaging system) Fax +61 9 351 2673

jtn@potomac.ads.com (John T. Nelson) (06/12/90)

In article <2447.26751864@cc.curtin.edu.au> Hooper_TA@cc.curtin.edu.au writes:
>I'm looking for a PD or shareware implementation of the uudecode
>software for the Mac.
>
>I've got StuffIt, MacCompress, tar, unshar, Unzip and practically
>every other converter you could think of but I can't find a uudecode!
>
>I've checked info-mac as well. Can anyone help me out?

If you can wait around a little, I'm working on one right now.  The
problem with uuencode/uudecode is that not every version is compatible
with every other version.  The code my Mac version is based on came
from Berkeley I think.

gelinasp@merrimack.edu (07/02/90)

> UMCP\QM Tools does UUencoding and UUdecoding, as well as MacBIN conversion
> (both ways) and conversion of text files between UNIX and Mac formats.
>
> I can e-mail this utility to anyone who is interested, or if there is a
> lot of interest, I can send it to the archives and to comp.binaries.mac.

	Since REPLYing has failed repeatedly, could Mark (or anyone else
with a copy of this utility) e-mail me a stuffed, binhexed copy of it??
Please?  I don't have FTP, so can't get it from archives. Thanx.

			Paul Gelinas

--
Paul Gelinas      |