[comp.sys.mac.misc] Color desktop backgrounds...

rainwatr@ucunix.san.uc.edu (Don Rainwater) (07/10/90)

	I would like to be able to change my desktop background to a
full 256 color image on my Mac II (sys 6.0.5, 8 Mb RAM).  I've tried
using DeskPict and its associated color table init (cRGBinit?).  The
image seems to have the proper resolution, but the colors are all wrong.

	Has anyone been successful at doing what I'm attempting?  Am I
missing something to make this work?  Thanks in advance for any
information.
--
Don Rainwater, Systems Manager, Univ. of Cincinnati Computer Center
Don.Rainwater@UC.Edu			rainwatr@ucunix.san.uc.edu

howard@alpha.la.locus.com (Howard Moskovitz) (07/11/90)

In article <365@ucunix.SAN.UC.EDU> Don.Rainwater@UC.Edu writes:

>	I would like to be able to change my desktop background to a
>full 256 color image on my Mac II (sys 6.0.5, 8 Mb RAM).  I've tried
>using DeskPict and its associated color table init (cRGBinit?).  The
>image seems to have the proper resolution, but the colors are all wrong.
>
>	Has anyone been successful at doing what I'm attempting?  Am I
>missing something to make this work?  Thanks in advance for any
>information.

I just got a Mac IIcx and am new to Macolor. What are the available
utilities for turning a PICT file into a startupscreen. I used to use
Superpaint but it the new version isn't available to me and the old one
won't do color.

If any of the available tools are PD or Shareware, would someone be kind
enough to post them to comp.binaries.mac?

Thanks in advance,
Howard Moskovitz
Locus Computing