[comp.sys.mac.misc] Applelink access

jim@jagmac2.gsfc.nasa.gov (Jim Jagielski) (06/08/90)

How does one go about getting access to Applelink... can i "get there"
via the net? Do I need an account? Many developers, such as Daystar and
Kent March, use Applelink as a "distribution center" for their software
upgrade utilities BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET THERE!

E-mail responses are just dandy.

 #include <std/disclaimer.h>
                                 =8^)
           Jim Jagielski                    NASA/GSFC, Code 711.1
     jim@jagmac2.gsfc.nasa.gov               Greenbelt, MD 20771

doherty@vax1.tcd.ie (07/13/90)

Applelink....Can one login to Applelink from the Internet ?
If so what does one call ?
If this is not correct newsgroup what one should I be asking the
question of ?
All information will be gratefully received.
Michael Doherty, Assistant Director, Computer Lab., University of Dublin,
  Ireland. Doherty@Vax1.TCD.IE  tel 353-1-772941 x 1751

souka@uh.msc.umn.edu (Omar Souka) (07/13/90)

Sorry, but Applelink is a developer only service (it costs money).  You
need your
own account and password to use it.  Apple should provide many of the
Applelink
benefits at apple.com (anybody out there listening).

MARCELO@pucc.princeton.edu (MARCELO) (07/13/90)

In article <2136@uc.msc.umn.edu> souka@uh.msc.umn.edu (Omar Souka) writes:
> Apple should provide many of the
> Applelink
> benefits at apple.com (anybody out there listening).

Speaking of apple.com - Do any people out here in netland know the ip
address of apple.apple.com? I used to be able to do anon ftp using
HyperFTP but for some reason it can't find apple.com any more? Apple gonna
give us a hint?

     .. Marcelo ..

marcelo@pucc.princeton.edu
marcelo@idunno.princeton.edu
marcelo@phoenix.princeton.edu

.. I didn't do it ..
.. It wasn't me ..
.. Nobody saw me do it ..
.. Nobody can prove a thing ..

edgar@shape.mps.ohio-state.edu (Gerald Edgar) (07/13/90)

> host apple.apple.com
apple.apple.com is a nickname for apple.com
apple.com has address 130.43.2.2
apple.com mail is handled by apple.com
apple.com mail is handled by relay.cs.net
apple.com mail is handled by relay2.cs.net
--
  Gerald A. Edgar
  Department of Mathematics             Bitnet:    EDGAR@OHSTPY

allenb@sgi.com (Allen Buchinski) (07/14/90)

>Speaking of apple.com - Do any people out here in netland know the ip
>address of apple.apple.com? I used to be able to do anon ftp using
>HyperFTP but for some reason it can't find apple.com any more? Apple gonna
>give us a hint?

My records show 130.43.2.2