[comp.sys.mac.misc] PostScript dump to file

silver@cfa250.harvard.edu (Murray Silverstone) (07/03/90)

I know this passed by recently, but could someone tell me what control/option
key combination will direct postscript output from the Laserwriter driver
to a file rather than a laserprinter? Many thanks.

--
| Crack The Sky. Has anyone ever heard  | SILVERST@HUSC8.BITNET               |
|         of Crack The Sky?             | SILVERST@HUSC8.HARVARD.EDU (arpa)   |

graham@maths.su.oz.au (Graham Matthews) (07/16/90)

In <1963@cfa209.cfa250.harvard.edu> silver@cfa250.harvard.edu (Murray Silverstone) writes:

>I know this passed by recently, but could someone tell me what control/option
>key combination will direct postscript output from the Laserwriter driver
>to a file rather than a laserprinter? Many thanks.

Me too please - I have to print my thesis and need this info real
urgently.

graham

jeffe@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (George J. Jefferson) (07/17/90)

>>I know this passed by recently, but could someone tell me what control/option
>>key combination will direct postscript output from the Laserwriter driver
>>to a file rather than a laserprinter? Many thanks.
>
>Me too please - I have to print my thesis and need this info real
>urgently.

The Mac PostScript > non mac _connected_ ps printer is pretty well
explained and solved by the Macps/prepfix combination.

Get the file macps-22.shar by anonymous ftp from the
info-mac/unix directory at sumex-aim.stanford.edu

George Jefferson    jeffe@eniac.seas.upenn.edu   george@sol1.lrsm.upenn.edu

tbutler@wpi.wpi.edu (Tim Butler) (07/17/90)

In article <27149@netnews.upenn.edu> jeffe@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (George J. Jefferson) writes:

>>>I know this passed by recently, but could someone tell me what control/
option
>>>key combination will direct postscript output from the Laserwriter driver
>>>to a file rather than a laserprinter? Many thanks.

[etc.]

>   The Mac PostScript > non mac _connected_ ps printer is pretty well
>   explained and solved by the Macps/prepfix combination.

>   Get the file macps-22.shar by anonymous ftp from the
>   info-mac/unix directory at sumex-aim.stanford.edu

Or you can use the mac application: info-mac/util/add-lprep .hqx . It
avoids the possible hassle of installing macps. (especially if you aren't
using a unix machine)

You should also get the file info-mac/tips/generating-postscript.txt

I've used macps successfully for files from many applications, but mostly
Word 4.0. You can also get the file: non-apple-laserprep or something like
that. It saves you a few steps if you are inatalling macps. I forget the
directory.

>   George Jefferson    jeffe@eniac.seas.upenn.edu   george@sol1.lrsm.upenn.edu

Tim Butler	      (tbutler@wpi.wpi.edu)
Teaching Assistant    HL 103b  ext.5424      soon to be at:
Department of Mechanical Engineering	     Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Worcester Polytechnic Institute		     no Internet address yet

gillies@m.cs.uiuc.edu (07/17/90)

> Get the file macps-22.shar by anonymous ftp from the
> info-mac/unix directory at sumex-aim.stanford.edu

I have found that this file does not always work.  If you read the
files [sumex-aim.stanford.edu]<info-mac>tips>generating-postscript.txt
					     imagen-postscript.txt

they will give you the knowledge necessary to make postscript work on
your system.  Good luck!

Don W. Gillies, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Illinois
1304 W. Springfield, Urbana, Ill 61801
ARPA: gillies@cs.uiuc.edu   UUCP: {uunet,harvard}!uiucdcs!gillies