[comp.sys.mac.misc] MacX?

blob@Apple.COM (Brian Bechtel) (07/12/90)

gillies@noao.edu (Kim Gillies) writes:
>Does anyone know if MacX is available and if so, what is its product
>number and cost?

MacX 1.0 is part number M0108LL/A.  Suggested retail price in the USA
is $295.00.  For the name of your nearest dealer, call 1-800-538-9696
and ask for a dealer distributing MacX.  (I'd assume that any authorized
dealer could distribute it, but from posting I've seen, it sounds like
many dealers aren't routinely handling it.  This is a limited market
item for most dealers.)

--Brian Bechtel			blob@apple.com		"My opinion, not Apple's"

wilson@csli.Stanford.EDU (Nathan Wilson) (07/17/90)

What do people think of MacX?  I'm considering getting but I'd heard
that the original version was a dog and haven't heard anything since.
Does it require an ethernet card or can it work through a Kinetics
box?

Thanks,
Nathan Wilson
Teleos Research
nathan%teleos.com@ai.sri.com

ewm@mdavcr.UUCP (Eric W. Mitchel) (07/19/90)

In article <14459@csli.Stanford.EDU> wilson@csli.Stanford.EDU (Nathan Wilson) writes:

>What do people think of MacX?  I'm considering getting but I'd heard
>that the original version was a dog and haven't heard anything since.
>Does it require an ethernet card or can it work through a Kinetics
>box?

Ditto for me.  If anyone has any experience with MacX, I would love to
see it posted (or email me).  We've got several Kinetics boxes as well.

Eric