[comp.sys.mac.misc] Apple FTP site update

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (07/19/90)

Just a quick update for everyone wondering why Apple.com has not been
updated in a few months.  We haven't fallen on the face of Cupertino,
but we ran out of disk space some time back on that machine.  We are
in the process of moving to a new, dedicated machine for FTP service
with much more disk space and hopefully some new features.

When we finish the move, we will be adding anonymous UUCP and looking
at other ways to make access to this information even easier (possibly
for those not even on the Internet).  In addition, we are completely
reorganizing the information and will be including everything we can
in Developer Essentials (described in the latest issue of d e v e l o p
and on the Discy Business Developer CD.  This list of goodies includes
all System Software, US and International for Mac and Apple II, HyperCard,
Sample Code, Technical Notes, SpInside Macintosh, and lots, lots more.

It has just taken much longer than we had all hoped to get the licensing
agreements worked out (still going on) as well as the logistics of the
machine and recreating the data in the necessary formats from the
CD-ROM source we are using.

Thanks for your patience through all of this, and rest assured that we
are almost there...

One questions for users which may make the move easier is preferred file
format.  Do you want BinHex files, Binary files, Stuffed or otherwise
compacted binary files?  If you have a preference, please send it to
mjohnson@apple.com so we can get this thing finished.

--
Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (07/19/90)

--------------
In article <43111@apple.Apple.COM>, mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) writes...

[ lots of cool stuff going on with apple.com]

>and on the Discy Business Developer CD.  This list of goodies includes
>all System Software, US and International for Mac and Apple II, HyperCard,
                                                                 ^^^^^^^^^
>Sample Code, Technical Notes, SpInside Macintosh, and lots, lots more.

HyperCard 2.0??

Anyway, it sounds great!

Robert

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "It's more fun to =
=            		         * all my opinions are *  compute"         =
=                                * mine                *  -Kraftwerk       =

In article <1990Jul18.192626.21215@midway.uchicago.edu> gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:

>HyperCard 2.0??

HyperCard 2.0 is HyperCard, so you figure it out.  We are here to serve, but
since HC 2.0 is not yet final, it is not yet available.