[comp.sys.mac.misc] IIci bugs...

sqh@dhw68k.cts.com (Steve Hubbell) (07/19/90)

Recently, I have been seriously considering purchasing a new Mac IIci
and I was told by two friends, "Don't buy it, its full of bugs
and crashes all the time."

What I would like to know is, a) is this true?
                              b) have any IIci users experienced problems?
                              c) is it better to get a cx?

Thanks for your help and I appreciate any info you can give me.

|      Steve Hubbell                          sqh@dhw68k.cts.com            |

hideg@spsd3260a.erim.org (Steve Hideg) (07/21/90)

In article <1990Jul19.054715.26338@dhw68k.cts.com> sqh@dhw68k.cts.com
(Steve Hubbell) writes:
> Recently, I have been seriously considering purchasing a new Mac IIci
> and I was told by two friends, "Don't buy it, its full of bugs
> and crashes all the time."
>
> What I would like to know is, a) is this true?
>                               b) have any IIci users experienced problems?
>                               c) is it better to get a cx?

I am using a IIci right now (with netnews reader 1.2.1).
I often do experience system cra

news@calgary.uucp (Network News Manager) (07/21/90)

Hiya,
From: sharp@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Maurice Sharp)

    I have been using my ci since december of last year. I have had
minimal problems. Those were software that required upgrades. The
upgrades came, and now I have had no problems. Go for it, buy the ci
and fly with the almost, but not quite, fast.

	maurice

Maurice Sharp MSc. Student (403) 220 7690
University of Calgary Computer Science Department
2500 University Drive N.W.	      sharp@cpsc.UCalgary.CA
Calgary, Alberta, T2N 1N4	      GEnie M.SHARP5