[comp.sys.mac.misc] BinHqx DA 1.0

Adam.Frix@p2.f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) (07/16/90)

The BinHqx DA 1.0 that came through on comp.binaries recently seems screwed
up--while StuffIt Deluxe decodes it just fine, and unStuffs it, I get a system
error ID=02 whenever I try to run it from the Apple menu.  Is anyone else getting
this problem, or did something just happen on my end of things?

--Adam--

--
Adam Frix via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!200.2!Adam.Frix

vladimir@prosper (Vladimir G. Ivanovic) (07/18/90)

I also couldn't get it to work.  I got my copy from the Info-Mac archives at
Stanford.

-- Vladimir

stan@dnlunx.pttrnl.nl (Stan van de Burgt) (07/18/90)

Adam.Frix@p2.f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) writes:

>The BinHqx DA 1.0 that came through on comp.binaries recently seems screwed
>up--while StuffIt Deluxe decodes it just fine, and unStuffs it, I get a system
>error ID=02 whenever I try to run it from the Apple menu. Is anyone else getting
>this problem, or did something just happen on my end of things?

On my system (SE, 6.0.3, no inits) it didn't work either...

				Stan.

jim@ezx.uucp (Jim Littlefield) (07/19/90)

In article <61529.26A2BDCE@cmhgate.FIDONET.ORG> Adam.Frix@p2.f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) writes:

>The BinHqx DA 1.0 that came through on comp.binaries recently seems screwed
>up--while StuffIt Deluxe decodes it just fine, and unStuffs it, I get a system
>error ID=02 whenever I try to run it from the Apple menu.  Is anyone else getting
>this problem, or did something just happen on my end of things?

It worked ok under multifinder on a mac II, but bombs every time on my
SE!
--

Jim Littlefield  ==  ...!uunet!ezx!jim  ==  Sunrise Software Systems, Inc.

kdb@macaw.intercon.com (Kurt Baumann) (07/19/90)

Mine worked fine.  In fact it is one of the most useful DA's I have now.
I will definatly be sending in my fee for it!

Kurt
--
InterCon Systems Corporation
703.709.9890

queen@utkux1.utk.edu (Suzanne Queen) (07/24/90)

In article <61529.26A2BDCE@cmhgate.FIDONET.ORG> Adam.Frix@p2.f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) writes:

>The BinHqx DA 1.0 that came through on comp.binaries recently seems screwed
>up--while StuffIt Deluxe decodes it just fine, and unStuffs it, I get a system
>error ID=02 whenever I try to run it from the Apple menu.  Is anyone else
>getting this problem, or did something just happen on my end of things?
>--
>Adam Frix via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
>UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!200.2!Adam.Frix
>INET: Adam.Frix@p2.f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG

I can't get it to work, either...4 meg Mac Plus.  Under MultiFinder it starts
out and goes to DA Handler, but then closes right back up.  Under Finder, I get
a ID 02 bomb and then the machine goes haywire.  Looks like it won't work on
anything but the 030 machines.  What a shame...It sounded like a great idea.

Suzanne

ssqueen@utkvx.utk.edu
queen@utkux1.utk.edu

wheeler@bwdls58.UUCP (Cheryl Wheeler) (07/25/90)

In article <1990Jul24.050815.11918@cs.utk.edu>, queen@utkux1.utk.edu (Suzanne Queen) writes:
> In article <61529.26A2BDCE@cmhgate.FIDONET.ORG> Adam.Frix@p2.f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) writes:
> >
> >The BinHqx DA 1.0 that came through on comp.binaries recently seems screwed
> >up--while StuffIt Deluxe decodes it just fine, and unStuffs it, I get a system
> >error ID=02 whenever I try to run it from the Apple menu.  Is anyone else
> >getting this problem, or did something just happen on my end of things?
>
> I can't get it to work, either...4 meg Mac Plus.  Under MultiFinder it starts
> out and goes to DA Handler, but then closes right back up.  Under Finder, I get
> a ID 02 bomb and then the machine goes haywire.  Looks like it won't work on
> anything but the 030 machines.  What a shame...It sounded like a great idea.

I picked it up yesterday and had no problems with it at all,
using UnStuffIt rather than StuffIt Deluxe, though.  I decoded Finder Sounds
with it, and that works too. My system is a Mac II (no extra letters!),
with 5 Meg and MultiFinder.

Cheryl

line eater fodder
line eater fodder