[comp.sys.mac.misc] What is the address for sumex and simtel?

hill@petsd.UUCP (John S. Hill) (07/12/90)

Hi.  Could someone please post/email the numerical addresses of
sumex and simtel?  We just got (finally) the ability to ftp out of the
building, and I would like to connect to these sites.  Thanks.

--
+=====================================+=======================================+
| Mustang GT, there is no substitute. | Go Eagles, Flyers, Phillies, Sixers,  |

myers@hpldoay.HP.COM (Dan Myers) (07/24/90)

John Hill writes:

> Hi.  Could someone please post/email the numerical addresses of
> sumex and simtel?  We just got (finally) the ability to ftp out of the
> building, and I would like to connect to these sites.  Thanks.

Here are the entries in /etc/hosts I have come to know and love:

	10.0.0.56		sumex-aim.stanford.edu sumex.stanford.edu
	130.43.2.2		apple.com
	26.0.0.74       simtel20.arpa

Thought the apple.com might come in handy, since it contains system
software updates and such in /pub/dts.  Simtel20 is kind of a pain,
since it transfers 7-bit bytes unless you throw some switches inside
of ftp.  Forget what they are at the moment.

Cheers,

Dan

dwal@midway.uchicago.edu (David Walton) (07/26/90)

In article <12120001@hpldoay.HP.COM> myers@hpldoay.HP.COM (Dan Myers) writes:

>Here are the entries in /etc/hosts I have come to know and love:
>
>	10.0.0.56		sumex-aim.stanford.edu sumex.stanford.edu
>	130.43.2.2		apple.com
>	26.0.0.74       simtel20.arpa

Are you sure your host tables don't need updating?  For sumex and
simtel20, I have these addresses:

36.44.0.6       sumex-aim.stanford.edu sumex.stanford.edu
26.2.0.74       wsmr-simtel20.army.mil simtel20.arpa simtel20.army.mil

Your address for apple.com agrees with mine.

>Dan

David
--

David Walton		Internet: dwal@midway.uchicago.edu
University of Chicago   {  Any opinions found herein are mine, not  }