[comp.sys.mac.misc] Deskwriter printer driver problem

marc_h@ele.tue.nl (Marc Heijligers) (07/27/90)

Does anyone knows how to change the deskwriter driver so it default
setup will be A4 and Precision Bitmaps enabled?

I've tried to copy a PREC0 out of a Nisus document, and altered the
order of A4 and US letter in the PREC3 resource. When opening applications
this works OK, but when I start to print the last few lines of my page
are printed on a new page. After that the printer ejects that page, and
starts with a new one.

Is there a patch available? Does anyone knows what I am doing wrong.
I hope HP will solve this problem in a new release of the driver.

Marc Heijligers
marc_h@ele.tue.nl

clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu (Chaz Larson) (07/27/90)

In article <533@al.ele.tue.nl> marc_h@ele.tue.nl (Marc Heijligers) writes:
>Does anyone knows how to change the deskwriter driver so it default
>setup will be A4 and Precision Bitmaps enabled?

There is a shareware program called "MyPageSetup" that allows one to make
these sort of alterations.  I've only used it on the ImageWriter and
LaserWriter drivers, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work for the
DeskWriter driver, as well.  It should be available for ftp at sumex
or other sites.

<chaz>

--
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
       "Must think...bubble pipe will relax me and I think..."

ebert@arisia.Xerox.COM (Robert Ebert) (07/28/90)

In article <1882@ux.acs.umn.edu> clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu (Chaz Larson) writes:
>In article <533@al.ele.tue.nl> marc_h@ele.tue.nl (Marc Heijligers) writes:
>>Does anyone knows how to change the deskwriter driver so it default
>>setup will be A4 and Precision Bitmaps enabled?
>
>There is a shareware program called "MyPageSetup" that allows one to make
>these sort of alterations.  I've only used it on the ImageWriter and
>LaserWriter drivers...

This works just fine with the DeskWriter.

			--Bob