[comp.sys.mac.misc] Japanese Language Wordprocessing

J.Pearce@ucl-cs.UUCP (07/24/90)

From: J.Pearce@uk.ac.ucl.cs

I would greatly appreciate any information regarding Japanese language
wordprocessing on the Macintosh (hiragana,katakana,kanji), including
system software and applications, and of course fonts for printing.

Many thanks,

John R. Pearce

jpearce@uk.ac.ucl.cs

Computer Science Department
University College London
Gower Street
London
WC1E 6BT
England

brendan@claris.com (Brendan McCarthy) (07/25/90)

In article <1100@ucl-cs.UUCP> J.Pearce@ucl-cs.UUCP writes:
>I would greatly appreciate any information regarding Japanese language
>wordprocessing on the Macintosh (hiragana,katakana,kanji), including
>system software and applications, and of course fonts for printing.

I'm obviously biased, but Claris just released MacWrite II/J, the Japanese
edition of MacWrite II.  I won't attempt an extensive feature list,
but it does have some nifty support for keisen (similiar to tables in
Word), color, etc.  For the real scoop on features and availability call
Claris Customer Relations at (408) 727-8227 or contact your local Claris dealer.

Brendan
        :        Brendan McCarthy
        :        UUCP:      brendan@claris.com
        :        InterNet:  {ames,apple,portal,sun,voder}!claris!brendan

takayama@vcomnz.vcom.sony.co.jp (Yoshihisa Takayama) (07/28/90)

In article <1102@ucl-cs.UUCP> J.Pearce@ucl-cs.UUCP writes:

 |I would greatly appreciate any information regarding Japanese language
 |wordprocessing on the Macintosh (hiragana,katakana,kanji), including
 |system software and applications, and of course fonts for printing.

I introduce my textbook for japanese wordprocessing on the Macintosh.
Of course the book has published in japan, and written in japanese.
The aim of this book include "japanese system softwares", "japanese
kanzi environments", "japanese FEP", "FONTs" and "japanese
wordprocessing applications".
As japanese wordpcrocessing application, the book introduce EGWord,
ByWord, TurboWriter, AllScript, WriteNow and Microsoft Word.
The title of this book is "Macintosh Bunsyo Sakusei Zyutu".
Publisher is "Gizyutu Hyooron Sya".
Auther is me "Takayama-Yosihisa".
ISBN 4-87408-335-8
List price is 1,900 yen.