[comp.sys.mac.misc] Funny business on Application menus

EUA@psuvm.psu.edu (Mel DeYoung) (07/30/90)

    Something strange is happening to my menus in HyperCard and
Microsoft Excel.  Instead of <Quit HyperCard> I get <Quit HyperJoke>
and several of the Excel Menus have "Cute" changes: <Wash> under
Windows and "Do not pass Go" , for example.  Excel was fine until

this morning, when the menus suddenly got a sense of humor.  Has
any one else seen this?
   Mel DeYoung EUA@PSUVM

wichers@husc7.HARVARD.EDU (John Wichers) (07/30/90)

In article <90211.110256EUA@psuvm.psu.edu> EUA@psuvm.psu.edu (Mel DeYoung) writes:
>    Something strange is happening to my menus in HyperCard and
>Microsoft Excel.  Instead of <Quit HyperCard> I get <Quit HyperJoke>
>and several of the Excel Menus have "Cute" changes: <Wash> under
>Windows and "Do not pass Go" , for example.  Excel was fine until
>this morning, when the menus suddenly got a sense of humor.  Has
>any one else seen this?

It sounds like someone was playing around on your computer with ResEdit
or other resource editor, and decided to change some menus around. You
didn't say whether it was your own mac locked up at home, or if it was
at work where some joker could get to it. I wouldn't be too concerned
about it, although you might consider getting some better security for
your mac if there is anything personal on it...

--jjw

__
Her eyes were cold and || John Wichers || wichers@husc4.harvard.edu
harsh, which made them || 121 Museum St #2, Somerville Ma. 02143
tough to chew. - Danno || Anarchy - It's not a law, it's just a good idea.
|| Jesus saves sinners ... and redeems them for valuable cash prizes!!! ||