[comp.sys.mac.misc] EPS files

bc@lanl.gov (Ben Crane) (07/31/90)

   Does any one know of a public domain program or init for the macintosh which
saves files in encapselated postscript format rather than sending them
to the printer.  If so, please reply directly to me as I do not often read
read this newsgroup.

flaps@dgp.toronto.edu (Alan J Rosenthal) (07/31/90)

>If so, please reply directly to me as I do not often read this newsgroup.

I wonder why this person doesn't read these newsgroups (he posted to two).
Possibly because of the high volume.  So why does he feel that it's reasonable
to add to the volume and expect others to answer him, when he's not willing to
spend the time himself reading the newsgroups and helping others?

aslakson@cs.umn.edu (Brian Aslakson) (08/01/90)

flaps@dgp.toronto.edu (Alan J Rosenthal) writes:

>>If so, please reply directly to me as I do not often read this newsgroup.

>I wonder why this person doesn't read these newsgroups (he posted to two).
>Possibly because of the high volume.  So why does he feel that it's reasonable
>to add to the volume and expect others to answer him, when he's not willing to
>spend the time himself reading the newsgroups and helping others?

Why I think that anybody who posts to a newsgroup should be REQUIRED to read
those newsgroups regardless of their circumstances.  Even if s/he doesn't have
the time or inclination to read the group.  Even if s/he doesn't have any-
thing to add, generally, posters MUST READ.  Seig heil!!

     Seriously, I'd recommend to Alan that he doesn't get his underwear
in a bundle.  I have NO problem (whatsoever) with someone asking for
help via mail.  I don't read some newsgroups, but if I have a question in
that area, I'll post to them and let them know to reply to my account.
If a person did this over and over and over.... that's a different matter,
but not relevant to what's going down here.

Brian
--
Macintosh related:  mac-admin@cs.umn.edu
All else:  aslakson@cs.umn.edu