[comp.sys.mac.misc] Invisible System Folder - HELP!!

austing@Apple.COM (Glenn L. Austin) (08/01/90)

wozniak@utkux1.utk.edu (Bryon Lape) writes:
>	Something very strange was happen on the Mac at work.  After
>running the free CD-ROM from Apple, the system folder has now become
>invisible!  The hard drive boots fine and all INITs get loaded but the
>icon of the system folder is missing.  Mac-Tools says that it is there
>and not invisible!  How do I fix it?

Select all the files/folders on the disk, drag them to the desktop, then
drag them back to the disk.  I don't know why, but I've also seen this happen
on an AppleShare volume (once, after running with no problems for 2 years,
with the only interruption being the 7.1 'quake in Oct.)

| Glenn L. Austin               | "Turn too soon, run out of room,          |
| Auto Racing Enthusiast and    |   Turn too late, much better fate"        |
| Communications Toolbox Hacker |   - Jim Russell Racing School Instructors |
| Apple Computer, Inc.          | "Drive slower, race faster" - D. Waltrip  |
| AppleLink:  AUSTIN.GLENN      | All opinions stated above are mine --     |
| Bellnet:    (408) 974-0876    |                who else would want them?  |