[comp.sys.mac.misc] IIfx SIMM prices

hardin@dino.cad.mcc.com (John Hardin) (08/01/90)

What are the best prices available for IIfx SIMMs (from reputable
dealers)?

(I, for example, saw an Austin-based company called MacTel advertising
(in the latest issue of MacUser) 1MB IIfx SIMMs for $69 (I believe),
but I know NOTHING about MacTel.  Any good/bad experiences with MacTel?)

Thanks in advance for any additional information.
-jwh
--
John Hardin, MCC CAD Program | ARPA: hardin@mcc.com | Phone: [512] 338-3535
Box 200195, Austin, TX 78720 | UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!milano!cadillac!hardin

dwal@ellis.uchicago.edu (David Walton) (08/02/90)

In article <HARDIN.90Aug1070955@dino.cad.mcc.com> hardin@dino.cad.mcc.com (John Hardin) writes:
>What are the best prices available for IIfx SIMMs (from reputable
>dealers)?
>
>(I, for example, saw an Austin-based company called MacTel advertising
>(in the latest issue of MacUser) 1MB IIfx SIMMs for $69 (I believe),
>but I know NOTHING about MacTel.  Any good/bad experiences with MacTel?)
>
>Thanks in advance for any additional information.
>-jwh
>--
>John Hardin, MCC CAD Program | ARPA: hardin@mcc.com | Phone: [512] 338-3535
>Box 200195, Austin, TX 78720 | UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!milano!cadillac!hardin

We (Academic and Public Computing) have gotten some disks and memory
from MacTel and have had no problems.  I believe we got three or four
hard disks and some 80ns memory for some IICIs.  Had to install it
ourselves, of course, but that wasn't any problem.  Everything works
fine.  Of course, since we've had no problems, we've no experience
with their customer service, so I can't tell you how good or bad that
is...

--

David Walton		Internet: dwal@midway.uchicago.edu
University of Chicago   {  Any opinions found herein are mine, not  }