[comp.sys.mac.misc] Noisy Hard Drives WAS: Re: ci and a mysterious

18215MES@MSU.BITNET (08/02/90)

>this noise is associated with a bearing slowly failing
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
YIPES! Is this true ???

It pisses me off if it is! I paid $700 for this damn  thing!(q 105)

I'll be glad if SONY (and fujitsu for that matter) comes onto the
scene with MAC hard drives for end user to purchase!
Sheeit - it reminds me of the auto industry - GM, for et al vs Japaneese!
Maybe then $700 will buy something that will be reliable!

shwake@raysnec.UUCP (Ray Shwake) (08/03/90)

18215MES@MSU.BITNET writes:

>I'll be glad if SONY (and fujitsu for that matter) comes onto the
>scene with MAC hard drives for end user to purchase!
>Sheeit - it reminds me of the auto industry - GM, for et al vs Japaneese!
>Maybe then $700 will buy something that will be reliable!

	Not everything Japanese, not even from these vendors, is always
	good. A few years back I worked with three PC 6300 PLUS micros
	into which the dealer installed Fuji 20 MB drives. Each of the
	drives developed squeaking noises; one screeched so bad it had to
	be replaced. And I'm STILL working on Sony to get them to solve
	a high-res distortion problem with my over-expensive 1302.