[comp.sys.mac.misc] DXF <> PICT translator ???

elmore@hao.ucar.edu (David Elmore) (08/03/90)

From: elmore@hao.ucar.edu (David Elmore)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Subject: DXF <> PICT translator ???
Expires: 1 Sept 1990
Sender: elmore@hao.ucar.edu

My desire is to be able to create sketches in MacDraw and send them
to someone on a SPARC station (via MacFTP) who will turn them into
AutoCAD drawings.  Somewhere along the line PICT needs to be
translated to DXF.  It would be nice to go from AutoCAD to MacDraw as
well.  I would appreciate any clues E-Mailed to me.

cby@mother.Berkeley.EDU (Craig Yappert) (08/04/90)

Claris sells a Filters product called Claris Graphics Translator. It
costs about $250 and translates to and from the following formats.

Claris Cad
MacDraw II
PICT
DXF versions 9 and 10
IGES versions 3 and 4

It's expensive but extremely powerful. It allows you to not only filter
one file at a time but also set up a batch process that filters files
all at once at some specified future time.

For some of the formats (the mac ones), it allows you to select
individual objects in them and just filter those objects.

Craig Yappert
Frame Technology Corporation
cby@frame.com

(408)433-3311