[comp.sys.mac.misc] StuffIt Deluxe => to un.sit use DDexpand!

pfr654@csc.anu.oz (08/07/90)

In article <2072.26bd3646@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu>, rapickering@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu writes:
> In article <Aug.5.23.40.26.1990.287@steely.rutgers.edu>, armhold@steely.rutgers.edu (George Armhold) writes:
>> Is there a PD Stuffit/Unstuffit that will create a folder to dump the
>> extracted files into automatically?  I download software for the
>> University Mac user group, so I often find myself spending a great
>> deal of time making folders for all the new *.sit files, then manually
>> unstuffiting them into the proper folders.
>
> Both situations can be solved.
>
> First get Boomerang.  It's shareware (not freeware) and lets you create
> folders and do all sorts of file manipulation from within save dialog
> boxes.  Any save dialog box!!!  I use it all the time, especially for
> exactly what you want to do, create folders on the fly from within
> Stuffit.

MUCH BETTER SOLUTION

Use DDExpand or DDExpandInit. It can unstuff .sit files and what's more, by
default it puts the new stuff in a folder of its own (so that you never get
the 'readme' files mixed up)

These are free programs, provided by the people who make diskdoubler
(Salient software) as a sort of inducement to buy their product (which is
in competition with Stuffit Deluxe).

I am fairly certain that they are on SUMEX, since I got them from
c.s.m.binaries a few weeks ago.

Phil Ryan
ANU Department of Physics and Theoretical Physics
Canberra, Australia
pfr654@csc.anu.oz.au   phone:(61 6) 249 4678   fax:(61 6) 249 0741