[comp.sys.mac.misc] Mac IIci to NEC MultiSync monitor

ssheng@elias.berkeley.edu (Sam Sheng) (08/03/90)

Does anyone know if it's possible to connect an NEC MultiSync 3D monitor
directly to the internal 8-bit video generator inside of a IIci?
(the 3D monitor is their 14" model, better dot pitch than the MacSync)
If so, is there a standard connector cable available to do so?

Thanks a lot!
Sam Sheng
(ssheng@zion.berkeley.edu)

toster@watson.bcm.tmc.edu (Tom Oster) (08/10/90)

In article <26702@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> ssheng@elias.berkeley.edu (Sam
Sheng) writes:
> Does anyone know if it's possible to connect an NEC MultiSync 3D monitor
> directly to the internal 8-bit video generator inside of a IIci?
> (the 3D monitor is their 14" model, better dot pitch than the MacSync)
> If so, is there a standard connector cable available to do so?

Talk to NEC to confirm this, but I believe that monitor had a special to
connect to the old 4- & 8-bit Mac video cards.  The same setup should work
on a IIci.  Houston phone number for NEC is: (713) 862-5330, or check your local directory.

> Thanks a lot!
> Sam Sheng
> (ssheng@zion.berkeley.edu)

Tom Oster - Computing Resource Center