[comp.sys.mac.misc] ???

Adam.Frix@cmhgate.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) (08/13/90)

Ty Lasky   writes in a message on 08/09/90 at 21:29:42 ...

TL>  I downloaded Disinfectant 2.0 from Sumex, but upon extracting
TL>  the files, I see no Init, nor any mention of it.  This bewilders
TL>  me, as I keep reading messages that refer to this init.  Anybody
TL>  have any information on this?  BTW, I really like Disinfectant!
TL>   :-)

Run Disinfectant 2.0, and one of the menu choices says Install INIT.  Another
simply extracts the INIT to wherever you choose, for you to do whatever with.

The INIT is part of the Disinfectant code itself, and I think John was right
to do that.  Imagine trying to make sure that TWO programs get kept together
as they're distributed around the world.  Chances are excellent that they'd
become separated, and users who got one or the other would end up being pissed
at Disinfectant--unfairly--because of that problem.

--Adam--

* Origin: See above (1:226/200.2)
--
Adam Frix via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!Adam.Frix