From: gt7601b@prism.gatech.EDU (TSUNG,FU-LIN)
Subject: HELP... w/ the Finder in opening folder
>One person in our group generated a folder containing more than few
>hundred files in it.  When we try to open the folder, the mac says
>the folder/disk couldn't be opened (finder out of memory).

Give the Finder more memory by going into the System Folder,
clicking once on the Finder icon, and choose "Get Info"
from the File menu. At the bottom of the dialog box that appears,
you'll be able to enter a larger memory partition for the
Finder. Restart, and you should be able to open the folder.

                                    --clark
Clark Anderson                InterNet:  anderson@apple.com
PCB Software Tools            AppleLink: C.ANDERSON
Apple Computer, Inc           BellNet:   408-974-4593

"I speak only for myself, much to my employer's relief..."

dhoyt@vw.acs.umn.edu (08/14/90)

In article <12515@hydra.gatech.EDU>, gt7601b@prism.gatech.EDU (TSUNG,FU-LIN) writes...

>   One person in our group generated a folder containing more than few
>hundred files in it.  When we try to open the folder, the mac says
>the folder/disk couldn't be opened (finder out of memory).

  You are running out of finder memory.  You can do two things
        1) Reboot the machine without multifinder and clean up
        2) Increase Finder's partition size to something bigger (I think I use
           something like 320) and reboot the system.

david paul hoyt | dhoyt@vx.acs.umn.edu | dhoyt@umnacvx.bitnet