[comp.sys.mac.misc] DaynaFile,Dos Mounter,FDHD

atkins@marlin.NOSC.MIL (Hugh T. Atkins) (08/15/90)

Does anyone have experience with any of the following :
  reading DOS files via FDHD ?
  using DaynaFile drives/software for same
  compatibility of WordPerfect(Mac) with WordPerfect(DOS)

  Any help-tips-pointers appreciated.

  __ Hugh

roskar@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Veljko Roskar) (08/16/90)

In article <1465@marlin.NOSC.MIL> atkins@marlin.NOSC.MIL (Hugh T. Atkins) writes:
>Does anyone have experience with any of the following :
>  reading DOS files via FDHD ?
>  using DaynaFile drives/software for same

Before you go out and buy the product, try out the demo version available at
sumex.  I've been using it with my SE's FDHD for some time now (you need
this type of drive).

It is an init that will mount any DOS 3.5" floppy that has a volume name of
DEMO.  No problem there -- who gives floppies in DOS names anyway?

It is one of my favorite inits, since it reads ftp files that
I get off our net-connected PC.

--
Best regards,
Veljko Roskar                            | roskar@jhuvms.bitnet