[comp.sys.mac.misc] ApplesharePC + Public Folder

18215MES@MSU.BITNET (08/15/90)

Hi Folks,
I have a couple of questions, I hope someone can help me with.

Assuming Dyna can fix the Phase 2 Appletalk/Ethertalk problems with
their Either Print - Laser Sharing Product, we will probably use that
so the MACs can share a laser over ethernet. I have been told that
a pc running ApplesharePC can also share the Ether Mounted laser
( it gives the PC a MAC-like chooser )...
1) I'm wondering if there is a Public Folder implementation for a pc
which will allow low level file shareing (till systen 7 comes out)?

also

2) Is there a scanner which can be shared in a similar fashion
using the ether print box - (most access the MAC's scsi)?

Many Thanks, Mark Sartor, 221 Ag Hall, MSU , E. Lansing Mi.
(18215mes@msu.bitnet)

:)

peirce@claris.com (Michael Peirce) (08/16/90)

In article <54918215MES@MSU> 18215MES@MSU.BITNET writes:
>Hi Folks,
>I have a couple of questions, I hope someone can help me with.
>
>Assuming Dyna can fix the Phase 2 Appletalk/Ethertalk problems with
>their Either Print - Laser Sharing Product, we will probably use that
>so the MACs can share a laser over ethernet. I have been told that
>a pc running ApplesharePC can also share the Ether Mounted laser
>( it gives the PC a MAC-like chooser )...
>1) I'm wondering if there is a Public Folder implementation for a pc
>which will allow low level file shareing (till systen 7 comes out)?

A PC version of Public Folder has not been released. Sorry...

 Claris Corp. | Michael R. Peirce (author of Public Folder)