the jumper from the 1M position to the 2M/4M position.

When I started up and checked the total memory under "About Finder", only 2048k were showing and not the 2560k that should have been.

I later installed two more 1Mb SIMMS into slots 1 and 2 giving me a total of 4Mb and double checked that the jumper was in the correct position.

When I checked the total memory again, still only 2048k were showing.

What, if anything, is wrong with my computer or have I done something
incorrectly?

If you have any ideas, please email me.  Thanks.
(paulb@camex.com)  | "It has been my experience that folks who have no vices

anderson@Apple.COM (Clark Anderson) (08/18/90)

From: paulb@circus.camex.com (Paul Braiman)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.hardware,comp.sys.mac.misc
Subject: Memory problem
>I recently installed (2) 1Mb SIMMS (80ns) by removing the two low density SIMMS
>from slots 3 and 4 and replacing them with the higher density chips and changed
>the jumper from the 1M position to the 2M/4M position.

>What, if anything, is wrong with my computer or have I done something
>incorrectly?

You have done nothing wrong. The silkscreen on the motherboard is wrong.
Take the jumper off completely for a 4 or 2.5 meg configuration.

                                             --clark
Clark Anderson                InterNet:  anderson@apple.com
PCB Software Tools            AppleLink: C.ANDERSON
Apple Computer, Inc           BellNet:   408-974-4593

"I speak only for myself, much to my employer's relief..."