phrje@warwick.ac.uk (Dr D McK Paul) (08/19/90)

phrje@cu.warwick.ac.uk                           Post: Department of Physics
JANET:phrje@uk.ac.warwick.cu                           University of Warwick
DARPA:phrje%cu.warwick.ac.uk@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk          COVENTRY,
UKUUCP :phrje%cu.warwick.ac.uk@ukc.uucp                CV4 7AL.
EARN/BITNET:phrje%uk.ac.warwick.cu@UKACRL         Tel: (0203) 523603
                                                  Fax: (0203) 692016

phrje@warwick.ac.uk (Dr D McK Paul) (08/19/90)

I recently found a posting which described how to create a large
StartUpScreen. Unfortunately I've lost the name and address of the author. The
instructions work fine but of course? the picture is placed on the SE30 9"
monitor and not on the Radius TPD which is attached to the system. Anyone know
how to force the StartUpScreen to the large monitor? I assume I need to use
ResEdit or some form of init?
Don
Dr Donald McKenzie Paul

jdevoto@Apple.COM (Jeanne A. E. DeVoto) (08/20/90)

In article <1990Aug19.143535.18831@warwick.ac.uk> phrje@warwick.ac.uk
(Dr D McK Paul) writes:
>                               [...] the picture is placed on the SE30 9"
>monitor and not on the Radius TPD which is attached to the system. Anyone know
>how to force the StartUpScreen to the large monitor?

Go into the Monitors cdev in the Control Panel, and hold down the option
key. A smiley face will appear: this face indicates which monitor the
startup screen (and the debugger, if you have it installed) will appear
on. Drag it to the desired monitor, the same way you drag the menu bar.
By default, the startup monitor is the monitor with the menu bar.
--
 jdevoto@apple.com     |  You may not distribute this article under a