[comp.sys.mac.misc] IIfx and the KMAP resource

dittman@skbat.csc.ti.com (Eric Dittman) (08/20/90)

I recently upgraded my Mac II to a IIfx.  I had modified the KMAP resources
to swap the control and caps lock key.  The modifications worked when the
system was a Mac II, but the IIfx completely ignores the modification.  Does
the IIfx use the KMAP resource for the real->virtual keycode translation?

Thanks,
Eric Dittman
Eric Dittman
Texas Instruments - Component Test Facility
dittman@skitzo.csc.ti.com
dittman@skbat.csc.ti.com

Disclaimer:  I don't speak for Texas Instruments or the Component Test
             Facility.  I don't even speak for myself.

tecot@momenta (Ed Tecot) (08/22/90)

 dittman@skbat.csc.ti.com (Eric Dittman) writes:
>I recently upgraded my Mac II to a IIfx.  I had modified the KMAP resources
>to swap the control and caps lock key.  The modifications worked when the
>system was a Mac II, but the IIfx completely ignores the modification.  Does
>the IIfx use the KMAP resource for the real->virtual keycode translation?

You need to add the KMAP to the ROM override resource that matches your
ROM (which is different on the IIfx than the II).  The resource type is
ROV# and the ID is a four digit number (something like 1660).

						_emt

dittman@skbat.csc.ti.com (Eric Dittman) (08/22/90)

In article <87.26ce8188@skbat.csc.ti.com>, dittman@skbat.csc.ti.com (Eric Dittman) writes:
> I recently upgraded my Mac II to a IIfx.  I had modified the KMAP resources
> to swap the control and caps lock key.  The modifications worked when the
> system was a Mac II, but the IIfx completely ignores the modification.  Does
> the IIfx use the KMAP resource for the real->virtual keycode translation?

As Jim Walker (jwwalker@cs.scarolina.edu) and Dave Platt (dplatt@coherent.com)
pointed out, the IIfx has the KMAP resources in ROM, so a ROv# is needed to
change the KMAP resources.