[comp.sys.mac.misc] Desktop Picture

kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) (08/25/90)

"Is there a version of Backdrop, the init which takes a pict and makes it the
"background screen, which works on the SE/30?  If so, where can I get it?
"
"Thanks...
"Thomas Summerall

Well, there's DeskPicture, one of the Now Utilities. But you'll have
to take all the utilities as well. It has an option to size it to your
screen, but it looks awful on a 19" monitor. It gets all distorted. Now
if I actually had a picture that big...

Actually this is one of the utilities that intrigued me when I bought
it. I was hoping they would include a picture or two--particularly the
rock background they used in some early ads. I thought that would be
real cool to have a rock pile as your desktop background.

Anybody got a big rock pile picture?

Shirley Kehr

peirce@claris.com (Michael Peirce) (08/26/90)

In article <150514@felix.UUCP> kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) writes:
>"Is there a version of Backdrop, the init which takes a pict and makes it the
>"background screen, which works on the SE/30?  If so, where can I get it?
>"
>"Thanks...
>"Thomas Summerall
>
>Well, there's DeskPicture, one of the Now Utilities. But you'll have
>to take all the utilities as well. It has an option to size it to your
>screen, but it looks awful on a 19" monitor. It gets all distorted. Now
>if I actually had a picture that big...
>
>Actually this is one of the utilities that intrigued me when I bought
>it. I was hoping they would include a picture or two--particularly the
>rock background they used in some early ads. I thought that would be
>real cool to have a rock pile as your desktop background.
>
>Anybody got a big rock pile picture?

The rock pile picture comes from the Apple Scanner sample hypercard stack.  This
stack contains a bunch of cool 1-bit images that just happen to work perfectly
as DeskPictures on SE size screens (since they're in HyperCard, they exactly
fill an SE size screen).

If you don't have access to this stack, drop me a line and I'll send you the
rock pile pictures...

 Claris Corp. | Michael R. Peirce, author of MemorySetter, another Now Utility