[comp.sys.mac.misc] astro./starchart programs

deh7g@newton.acc.Virginia.EDU (David E. Husk) (08/23/90)

	This topic has been covered before, but at the time I wasn't
interested.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a astronomy program?
I.E. something that shows current star,planet,object postions?
Also phases of moon etc?

			Husk@virginia.edu

austing@Apple.COM (Glenn L. Austin) (08/27/90)

deh7g@newton.acc.Virginia.EDU (David E. Husk) writes:
>	This topic has been covered before, but at the time I wasn't
>interested.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a astronomy program?
>I.E. something that shows current star,planet,object postions?
>Also phases of moon etc?

I've used both MacStronomy and Voyager, and find that Voyager is more like
"the real thing" in terms of what maps and such I already have for my
nightly viewing...

| Apple Computer has no connections with any of my postings.                |
| Glenn L. Austin               | "Turn too soon, run out of room,          |
| Auto Racing Enthusiast and    |   Turn too late, much better fate"        |
| Macintosh Programmer          |   - Jim Russell Racing School Instructors |
| Internet:   austing@apple.com | "Drive slower, race faster" - D. Waltrip  |
| All opinions stated above are mine -- who else would want them?           |