[comp.sys.mac.misc] After Dark Update

jjwcmp@ultb.isc.rit.edu (Jeff Wasilko) (08/27/90)

Berkely Systems may have taken alot of heat for their handling of the
After Dark 2.0 update, but they have shown me that they do know how to
take care of their customers.

I bought After Dark 2.0 at the Mac World Expo, and just got around to
sending in my registration card today.

When I picked up my mail today, I was very surpised to find that
Berkelely Systems had sent me an upgrade (bug-fix) disk when I hadn't
even registered yet! It seems there were a few incompatibilities with
Sound in HyperCard and System 6.0.4, some Radius monitors, and Norton
Utilities DiskLight.

What a company!

Jeff

--
| RIT VAX/VMS Systems: |     Jeff Wasilko     |     RIT Ultrix Systems:     |
|BITNET: jjwcmp@ritvax +----------------------+ INET:jjwcmp@ultb.isc.rit.edu|

jimb@silvlis.com (Jim Budler) (08/29/90)

In article <3694@ultb.isc.rit.edu> jjwcmp@ultb.isc.rit.edu (Jeff Wasilko) writes:
[...]
>When I picked up my mail today, I was very surpised to find that
>Berkelely Systems had sent me an upgrade (bug-fix) disk when I hadn't
>even registered yet! It seems there were a few incompatibilities with
>Sound in HyperCard and System 6.0.4, some Radius monitors, and Norton
>Utilities DiskLight.

Could we have some more details, please. I picked up After Dark
at Egghead this weekend ( version 2.0h ) and also have NUM disklight
running. What's the version number of the one that's an upgrade?

>What a company!

I guess I'll be finding that out. I sent my registration in Monday.

>Jeff

jim
--
Jim Budler          jimb@silvlis.com       +1.408.991.6061
Silvar-Lisco, Inc. 703 E. Evelyn Ave. Sunnyvale, Ca. 94086