[comp.sys.mac.misc] Something Smelly About Apple !!!!

rubin@mead.UUCP (Daniel Rubin) (08/31/90)

I purchased two Macintosh Plus computers a while back.  When I opened the
first Mac's plastic bag protecting the Actual computer ( I know this
sound crazy... ) I noticed the smell of a fresh apple....

I thought that it was just me but...went I opened the bag
containing the second computer...there it was again.

Does Apple spray apples in the Apple bag use to pack the Apple ?????

freeman@argosy.UUCP (Jay R. Freeman) (08/31/90)

In article <1253@meaddata.mead.UUCP> mead!rubin@uccba.uc.edu writes:
> I purchased two Macintosh Plus computers a while back.  When I opened the
> first Mac's plastic bag protecting the Actual computer ( I know this
> sound crazy... ) I noticed the smell of a fresh apple....

Just be glad it wasn't the smell of an old raincoat ...

                                             -- Jay Freeman

	  <canonical disclaimer -- I speak only for myself.>

abennett@athena.mit.edu (Andrew Bennett) (09/05/90)

In article <1253@meaddata.mead.UUCP>, rubin@mead.UUCP (Daniel Rubin) writes:
|> I purchased two Macintosh Plus computers a while back.  When I opened the
|> first Mac's plastic bag protecting the Actual computer ( I know this
|> sound crazy... ) I noticed the smell of a fresh apple....
|>
|> I thought that it was just me but...went I opened the bag
|> containing the second computer...there it was again.
|>
|> Does Apple spray apples in the Apple bag use to pack the Apple ?????

I don't know about that, but years ago I babysat a room full of 512's
at Stanford.  Suddenly, I smelled Chineese food...

When I looked up to see who had the munchies, I saw a thin streamer of
smoke coming out of the top of one of the Macs.  The repair folks say
a board failed.  I say the kung-pao chicken was ready. :->

-Drew