[comp.sys.mac.misc] Virtual 030 and Mac IIfx

dyer@spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) (09/02/90)

I just bought "Virtual" for the 68030 for my FX, installed the init
in my system folder, but it consistently comes up with the "not loaded"
icon at power-up time.  I have lots of contiguous space on my hard disk
(and I defragmented just to be sure), but that doesn't seem to make any
difference.

For what it's worth, this is version 1.05.

--
Steve Dyer
dyer@ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer

meldal@bach.Stanford.EDU (Sigurd Meldal) (09/03/90)

In article <3904@ursa-major.SPDCC.COM> dyer@ursa-major.spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) writes:
>I just bought "Virtual" for the 68030 for my FX, installed the init
>in my system folder, but it consistently comes up with the "not loaded"
>icon at power-up time.  I have lots of contiguous space on my hard disk
>(and I defragmented just to be sure), but that doesn't seem to make any
>difference.
>
>For what it's worth, this is version 1.05.

Your supplier has sold you (very) old stock - go back and complain
bitterly.

The current version is 2.03. Call Connectix (the number is on the back
of your box), they are usually very good about keeping registered
users up to date.

Sigurd Meldal--
Hard mail:
 ERL 456              | Internet:  meldal@anna.stanford.edu
 Computer Systems Lab.|
 Stanford University  | BitNet: meldal%anna.stanford.edu@forsythe.bitnet
 Stanford CA 94305    | Uucp: ...decwrl!glacier!shasta!anna!meldal
 USA                  |

phone: +1 415 723 6027
fax:   +1 415 725 7398

dyer@spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) (09/05/90)

In article <3904@ursa-major.SPDCC.COM> dyer@ursa-major.spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) writes:
>I just bought "Virtual" for the 68030 for my FX, installed the init
>in my system folder, but it consistently comes up with the "not loaded"
>icon at power-up time.  I have lots of contiguous space on my hard disk
>(and I defragmented just to be sure), but that doesn't seem to make any
>difference.  For what it's worth, this is version 1.05.

Resolution: I called Connectix, faxed them my as-yet-unmailed registration
card, and they called my Mac later in the day and zmodem'ed up the latest
(2.03) version of their CDEV.  Pretty amazing service, I must say.