[comp.sys.mac.misc] abbreviation for picas?

lim@iris.ucdavis.edu (Lloyd Lim) (08/31/90)

Is there an abbreviation that people use for picas?

+++
Lloyd Lim     Internet: lim@iris.ucdavis.edu (128.120.57.20)
              Compuserve: 72647,660
              US Mail: 146 Lysle Leach Hall, U.C. Davis, Davis, CA 95616

ralph@mtunq.ATT.COM (Ralph Brandi) (08/31/90)

In article <7633@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> lim@iris.ucdavis.edu (Lloyd Lim) writes:

>Is there an abbreviation that people use for picas?

The general convention is that a `p' after a number denotes picas,
and before a number denotes points.  So 6 picas would be written

6p

and 6 points would be written

p6

You can combine the two as well, so 6 picas and 6 points would be
written

6p6

I've also seen a triangle used for picas.
--
Ralph Brandi     ralph@mtunq.att.com     att!mtunq!ralph

If it ain't broke, break it.

kent@circus.camex.com (Kent Borg) (09/05/90)

In article <1266@mtunq.ATT.COM> ralph@mtunq.ATT.COM (Ralph Brandi) writes:
>In article <7633@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> lim@iris.ucdavis.edu (Lloyd Lim) writes:
>
>>Is there an abbreviation that people use for picas?
>
>The general convention is that a `p' after a number denotes picas,
>and before a number denotes points.

I have also seen "o" for points, so one might write:

6p4o

Kent Borg      internet: kent@camex.com    MacNet: kentborg      AOL: kent borg
                                            H:(617) 776-6899  W:(617) 426-3577
"Congress was about to scuttle our defense department ... Could our military
industrial complex be backing Iraq?"  - my mother, 8-4-90