[comp.sys.mac.misc] Price of Apple 32 Bit RISC Card

frontah@pawl24.pawl.rpi.edu (David J Sotnick) (09/05/90)

Could anyone please tell me what kind of price the Apple 32 Bit RISC graphics
card goes for. I am looking to do 3d rendering. I want the fastest board
available for the Applecolour 13" Monitor.

Thanks in advance

David Sotnick
Disclaimer: I'm innocent of anything.   INTERNET to "frontah@pawl.rpi.edu"

an12280@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu (David Gutierrez) (09/05/90)

In article <1Z}%!#-@rpi.edu> frontah@pawl24.pawl.rpi.edu (David J Sotnick)
writes:
> Could anyone please tell me what kind of price the Apple 32 Bit RISC
graphics
> card goes for. I am looking to do 3d rendering. I want the fastest board
> available for the Applecolour 13" Monitor.

Be careful. No matter what the price is, it still isn't shipping. (At
least that's what we were told when we asked about the cards we ordered in
April or May.

David Gutierrez
an12280@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu

"Only fools are positive." - Moe Howard

cring@hpihoah.HP.COM (Craig Ring) (09/07/90)

From the Stanford University Educational Price List:

MacII Display Card 8*24 GC (Graphics Coprocessor)
Am29000 RISC-based 30 Mhz processor, 24-bit true
color on AppleColor 13" Monitor.  256-level true
gray scale on all "Macintosh II Monitors".
Increases Macintosh drawing speed 5 to 30 times.

Suggested Retail Price:  $1,999.00
Educational Cash Price:  $1,263.00

Craig Ring
cring@cup.hp.com