[comp.sys.mac.misc] HP7450A plotter drive for Mac's

Feng-Kwei Raymond Wang <wangfeng@copper.ucs.indiana.edu> (09/10/90)

I am looking for HP-7450A plotter driver which will generate outline
fonts on Mac's.  I have tried both MacDraw II plotter driver and Cricket
Graphics plotter driver.  However, they only give me very ragged
bit-mapped fonts. Also, someone mentioned me ATM. I am not sure if
it's feasible for plotters.  Any information would be highly
appreciated.

    __    ____ __
      \  /|\  /      Wang, Fengkwei Raymond
       \/ | \/       Franklin Hall, M108, Audio-Visual Center
          |--        Bloomington, IN 47405
          |\         E-mail: wangfeng@copper.ucs.indiana.edu

paulr@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Paul T Russell) (09/11/90)

From article <57748@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>, by wangfeng@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (Feng-Kwei Raymond Wang):

> I am looking for HP-7450A plotter driver which will generate outline
> fonts on Mac's.  I have tried both MacDraw II plotter driver and Cricket

Check out PlotterGeist from Palomar Software. Combined with ATM this
appears to give nice 'outline' fonts. (I checked this feature
specifically while at MacWorld, because I was looking for
something to drive an HPGL engraving machine with.)

//Paul

--
           Paul Russell, Department of Experimental Psychology
         University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9QG, England

brad@advantg (09/11/90)

In article <57748@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> wangfeng@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (Feng-Kwei Raymond Wang) writes:

>I am looking for HP-7450A plotter driver which will generate outline
>fonts on Mac's.

There is a plotter driver called PloterGeist by Palomar that may
be what you are looking for. I've seen it a MacWorld and it looks
great. Try giving them a call for more information. Their number is
(619)721-7000.

Brad Kollmyer
Advantage Computers.

demarsee@gamera.acs.syr.EDU (Darryl E. Marsee) (09/12/90)

   In article <57748@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> wangfeng@copper.ucs.indiana.edu
   (Feng-Kwei Raymond Wang) writes:

   >I am looking for HP-7450A plotter driver which will generate outline
   >fonts on Mac's.

   You might want to check out MacPlot from MicroSpot.  It drives just
   about any HP plotter, and works fine for driving our HP-7595.