[comp.sys.mac.misc] Release of MAC/AUX 2.0: when ?

binette@asterix.drev.dnd.ca (Louis-Simon Binette) (09/13/90)

Hi everyone,

I actually consider the purchase of a software that will be
available as soon as MAC/AUX 2.0 will be released.  Since I
was told by the sales representant that MAC/AUX 2.0 is not
released at the present time, I would like to know if any
announcement has been done by Apple and what is the time-
frame of MAC/AUX 2.0.

	         Thanks in advance,

		     Louis-Simon Binette
		     simon@quebec.drev.dnd.ca      (131.132.32.17)

chuq@Apple.COM (The Wandering Phew) (09/13/90)

binette@asterix.drev.dnd.ca (Louis-Simon Binette) writes:

>Since I
>was told by the sales representant that MAC/AUX 2.0 is not
>released at the present time, I would like to know if any
>announcement has been done by Apple and what is the time-
>frame of MAC/AUX 2.0.

Well, A/UX has been shipping for a good while in the U.S. I don't know what
the status is in Canada, though, although it's available in at least some of
the foreign subsidiaries (UK, for instance). [which probably is a good time
to remind folks that different countries have different release schedules,
so it's important to keep that in mind when dealing with these kinds of
issues. It may well be that what's true in one country isn't true elsewhere)
--
Chuq Von Rospach   <+>   chuq@apple.com   <+>   [This is myself speaking]

Due to popular request, I've removed the "Small World" theme from my
signature. Too many net.reader's co-workers were complaining about the
whistling. My apologies for any inconvenience. (It's a small, small world!)

barnett@grymoire.crd.ge.com (Bruce Barnett) (09/14/90)

In article <44772@apple.Apple.COM> chuq@Apple.COM (The Wandering Phew) writes:
   Well, A/UX [2.0] has been shipping for a good while in the U.S.

It may have been shipping, but it ain't been receivin'.

Still waiting for my free A/UX [2.0] upgrade.
And yes, I have talked to our national sales rep who said Apple was
really really really trying to ship these out last month......
--
Bruce G. Barnett	barnett@crd.ge.com	uunet!crdgw1!barnett