[comp.sys.mac.misc] Envelopes for Apple Personal LaserWriter NT

martin@delphi.uchicago.edu (Martin P. Starr {5-5410}) (09/14/90)

I am a recent purchaser of an Apple Personal LaserWriter NT. Although
I have had good results with printing my specially ordered laser-quality
envelopes on a LaserWriter NT, the Personal model seems to ruin every
envelope by (1) fusing the glue and (2) wrinkling the envelope. So far
I have only tried to print envelopes through the multipurpose tray, not
having purchased an envelope cassette as yet.

Questions:

1. Will the envelope cassette reduce my failure rate for envelope printing?

2. Any suggestions on envelope brands that will work with the Personal
   LaserWriter NT?

Feel free to reply to me directly or to the net. Thanks!

Martin Starr, University of Chicago, BSD Info. Sys.,
5841 S. Maryland--Box 417, Chicago IL 60637       tel. 312-702-9130
internet: martin@ares.bsd.uchicago.edu
bitnet: martin%ares.bsd.uchicago.edu@uchimvs1.bitnet

Gavin_Eadie@um.cc.umich.edu (Gavin Eadie) (09/17/90)

In article <1990Sep14.145124.25214@midway.uchicago.edu>
martin@delphi.uchicago.edu (Martin P. Starr {5-5410}) writes:
> envelopes on a LaserWriter NT, the Personal model seems to ruin every
> envelope by (1) fusing the glue and (2) wrinkling the envelope. So far

This happened to me the first time I tried it - I assume you are using the
sliding bar to hold the envelope steady as it is pulled in. I also believe
that, when it is humid, as the Michigan summers always are, steam is
cooked out of the glue and seals the envelope.

Gavin Eadie
U of Michigan Information Systems