[comp.sys.mac.misc] Anyone seen SunDesk Strip

tjb@unhd.UNH.EDU (Thomas J. Baker) (09/13/90)

Has anyone got SunDesk Stip off America Online, or any of the other
commercial boards?  If so, could you please send it to me?  Thanks for
any help.

Thomas J. Baker                              USENET: uunet!unhd!tjb
Computing and Information Services           BITNET: T_BAKER@UNHH.BITNET
Kingsbury Hall, University of New Hampshire  Future: tjb@unhd.unh.edu
Durham, NH 03824                             Voice: (603) 862-4490

                "But I'm well read and I've heard it said
                 a hundred times, maybe less, maybe more..."

hoofb@agora.uucp (Bruce Hoof) (09/15/90)

In article <1990Sep13.080433@unhd.UNH.EDU> tjb@unhd.UNH.EDU (Thomas J. Baker) writes:
>Has anyone got SunDesk Stip off America Online, or any of the other
>commercial boards?  If so, could you please send it to me?  Thanks for
>any help.

	Ditto.  Since it's announcement I have not heard anything about it
	on the net.

	Thanks
	Bruce
	hoofb@cs.pdx.edu
	hoofb@agora.uucp
--
Bruce Hoof
hoofb@agora.UUCP

jholt@adobe.COM (Joe Holt) (09/18/90)

>>Has anyone got SunDesk Stip off America Online, or any of the other
>>commercial boards?  If so, could you please send it to me?  Thanks for
>>any help.

I've seen it.  I use it.  It works great.

If you use SunDesk, you need SunDesk Strip.  In a nutshell, it removes the
ICN#/icl8 pairs of applications you don't have from your SunDesk Icons file.
This can increase boot time dramatically and cut down your System Heap size,
since unused icons are no longer loaded.

You can save all of your removed icons in another file so that when you get
the applications, you can move 'em back in.

In all a clean, easy product.  And it's free.

/joe