[comp.sys.mac.misc] Good support from Dove

mmt@client1.DRETOR.UUCP (Martin Taylor) (09/17/90)

Some time ago I asked about a problem with my old Mac with a Dove 548S (2 Meg
+ SCSI) upgrade hanging occasionally.  I got a mail response (thanks, Mark)
suggesting that the problem might be a timing problem with the old Dove SCSI
board, and it could be fixed by soldering a resistor in a particular place.
Unfortunately, in trying to remove the SCSI board, I bent or broke several
of the pins.  With visions of $$$ in my head, I called Dove service, and
spoke to Lisa Bostic.  She told me to send it in with the motherboard, and
Dove would fix it for $25.
	That's remarkable enough, but there is more.  I sent it by Federal
Express on Sept 4 for $43 (Canadian).  It arrived on Sept 5.  On Sept 6 Lisa
Bostic shipped it back at no charge, fixed and running beautifully when
installed.   No 3-week turn-around which becomes 6 weeks on enquiry; one
day (probably less).  And Ms Bostic had included a paragraph detailing what
she had done, what tests the fixed board had passed, and her phone extension
to call in case of trouble in future.
	Congratulations to Dove, and to Lisa Bostic, for fine service.
--
Martin Taylor (mmt@ben.dciem.dnd.ca ...!uunet!dciem!mmt) (416) 635-2048
There is no legal canon prohibiting the application of common sense

isle@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Ken Hancock) (09/18/90)

In article <3537@client1.DRETOR.UUCP> mmt@client1.DRETOR.UUCP (Martin Taylor) writes:

>Some time ago I asked about a problem with my old Mac with a Dove 548S (2 Meg
>+ SCSI) upgrade hanging occasionally.  I got a mail response (thanks, Mark)

If you haven't already, you should CC a copy to the folks at Dove.  All too
often all companies get is gripes, but not praises...

Ken

--
Ken Hancock                   | This account needs a new home in MA...
Isle Systems                  | Can you provide a link for it?