[comp.sys.mac.misc] LaserWriter Plus Page Counter. Anyone with 100,000pgs?

ksbolduan@amherst.bitnet (09/17/90)

Is it possible that the page counter on a Laserwriter Plus can actually turn
over like a automobile odometer? It was my understanding that there was
no way ever to reset that figure, but the number that it gives (5000+) is WAY
too low for what it should be. It seems hard to believe that we've done 105,000
pages, but does that counter (as indicated on the page you get when you turn
it on) perhaps turn over at something else? Does anyone out there have a LW+
that has over 50,000 or 100,000 pages run on it? If there is any maintenance
done on the machine (replacing a board, or something) would that reset it?

Thanks. Please e-mail and I'll summarize for the net.

Kevin Bolduan
KSBOLDUAN@AMHERST

userDJMA@mts.ucs.UAlberta.CA (Douglas James Martin) (09/17/90)

In article <10152.26f3d470@amherst.bitnet>, ksbolduan@amherst.bitnet writes:
>Is it possible that the page counter on a Laserwriter Plus can actually turn
>over like a automobile odometer? It was my understanding that there was
Have you had the main logic board replaced recently? That will do it
quite nicely (it's happened at least a couple of times to ours).
Douglas Martin
Printing Services
University of Alberta
1-403-492-4246 (work)    1-403-439-1939 (home)

Adam.Frix@p2.f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) (09/19/90)

ksbolduan writes in a message on 16 Sep 90:

K>  Is it possible that the page counter on a Laserwriter Plus can
K>  actually turn over like a automobile odometer? It was my understanding
K>  that there was no way ever to reset that figure, but the number
K>  that it gives (5000+) is WAY too low for what it should be.
K>  It seems hard to believe that we've done 105,000 pages, but
K>  does that counter (as indicated on the page you get when you
K>  turn it on) perhaps turn over at something else? Does anyone
K>  out there have a LW+ that has over 50,000 or 100,000 pages run
K>  on it...

Yup.  And it shows 132,xxx as the count when it prints the startup page.

--Adam--

--
Adam Frix via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!200.2!Adam.Frix