[comp.sys.mac.misc] PLW-NT <-> Mac w/o appletalk

Patrick.Hayes@cediag.bull.fr (Patrick Hayes) (09/17/90)

I seem to recall that in the case of a two node appletalk system (specifically
my Mac II and a laserwriter), the two appletalk kits are not absolutely
neccesary, as you can use an IW II cable to connect tho two. Could anyone out
there please confirm my suspicions?

Pat
--

+-------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
| Patrick Hayes                 |  EMail :  Patrick.Hayes@cediag.bull.fr  |

tonych@microsoft.UUCP (Anthony CHOR) (09/19/90)

In article <PATRICK.HAYES.90Sep17144508@mars.cediag.bull.fr> Patrick.Hayes@cediag.bull.fr (Patrick Hayes) writes:

>I seem to recall that in the case of a two node appletalk system (specifically
>my Mac II and a laserwriter), the two appletalk kits are not absolutely
>neccesary, as you can use an IW II cable to connect tho two. Could anyone out
>there please confirm my suspicions?

Yes, you can use an IW II cable (Apple part no. M0197) to connect two devices
on AppleTalk.  This is not an approved connection, but it works and is much
cheaper than getting two AppleTalk kits.