[comp.sys.mac.misc] ftp location still active?

hasses@prism.cs.orst.edu (Stephen Haase) (09/26/90)

I got the archive listing from sumex the other day and it listed other sources
for mac stuff.  Among the largest was wsmr-simtel20.army.mil.  when I connected
they had a listing for mac stuff but I couldn't get to any of it and I'm not
sure whether they actually have Mac stuff anymore.  The archive from sumex
is kind of old so who knows......

niko@pv01a0.vincent.iastate.edu (Schuessler Nikolaus E) (09/27/90)

In article <20525@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> hasses@prism.CS.ORST.EDU (Stephen Haase) writes:
>I got the archive listing from sumex the other day and it listed other sources
>for mac stuff.  Among the largest was wsmr-simtel20.army.mil.  when I connected
>they had a listing for mac stuff but I couldn't get to any of it and I'm not
>sure whether they actually have Mac stuff anymore.  The archive from sumex
>is kind of old so who knows......

Yep. I haven't been on in a while, but they have tons of stuff! It's really
hard to get in.  The directory structure is kinda strange though (it's a
Tops-20 operating system i think.) I think you have to

  cd pd3:<macintosh>

to get to the stuff... It has stuff that I haven't seen anywhere else.

Niko Schuessler               "On a two semester mission to engineer where
niko@iastate.edu               no-one has engineered before.... :-) "