[comp.sys.mac.misc] Apple Stock Prices

pj@oxy.edu (Paul Jonathan Estalilla Go) (10/11/90)

AAPL closed at $28 on Tuesday, $1 higher than the new low it established
last week.

(1) What are the reasons for the drop in stock?
(2) Wouldn't the stock shoot up after the October 15 intro?
(3) I saw Businessweek's cover, "APPLE COMPUTER", but I did not get a
chance to read it - was it positive or negative?

pj

gaynor@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Jim Gaynor) (10/11/90)

In article <115070@tiger.oxy.edu> pj@oxy.edu (Paul Jonathan Estalilla Go) writes:
>AAPL closed at $28 on Tuesday, $1 higher than the new low it established
>last week.
>
>(1) What are the reasons for the drop in stock?

	Apple is reorganizing their product line.  Drastically.  As well
as drastically reorienting their method-of-attack, going from the high
profit attack to market share.  Market share has much less short-term
profit, although the long-term gains are legion.  Unfortunately, American
business is terribly myopic in this regard, demanding immediate cash
gratification.

>(2) Wouldn't the stock shoot up after the October 15 intro?

	I wouldn't be surprised - but it won't be as much as some folks think,
since these machines aren't high-profit business oriented machines.  They're
low-profit, high-volume, home/small business machines.  Not the kind of
thing that gets stock brokers hot.

>(3) I saw Businessweek's cover, "APPLE COMPUTER", but I did not get a
>chance to read it - was it positive or negative?

	I didn't read it either.  <grin>

-=-
| Jim Gaynor - The Ohio State Univ. - IRCC - Facilities Mgmt. - OCES  <whew!> |
| Email [gaynor@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu], [gaynor@agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu] |
|_  "Don't tell me truth hurts, little girl; because it hurts like hell..."  _|