[comp.sys.mac.misc] Why does LaserWriter II squeak?

btbg1194@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Bradley T Banko) (10/10/90)

Our LaserWriter II's see a lot of action, and one of them has been
squeaking rather loudly periodically.  I have opened it up, and blown
the dust out of it, but I can't figure out why it is squeaking.
Has anybody else solved this problem?

--
Bradley T. Banko
Dept of Physics, Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

paul@taniwha.UUCP (Paul Campbell) (10/15/90)

In article <1990Oct9.175238.6344@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> btbg1194@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Bradley T Banko) writes:
>Our LaserWriter II's see a lot of action, and one of them has been
>squeaking rather loudly periodically.  I have opened it up, and blown
>the dust out of it, but I can't figure out why it is squeaking.
>Has anybody else solved this problem?

Yeah mine does too - it drives me up the wall. All I've been able to figure
out is that it is the bearing for the fan - it's a wierd bearing, kind of
a shaft in rubber or plastic, not the sort of thing you can oil or soak in CRC
so I haven't found a solution yet - please let me know if you find one!!

	Paul Campbell

--
Paul Campbell    UUCP: ..!mtxinu!taniwha!paul     AppleLink: CAMPBELL.P
What most people don't realize is that those plastic cover slips that your 3