[comp.sys.mac.misc] How long does Apple take to ship a machine?

blm@aquarium.ecn.purdue.edu (Brian L Moore) (10/14/90)

A friend of mine ordered a Mac SE (w/ 2MB mem, 40MB HD) quite a while ago, and
it has not arrived yet.  Has anyone else recently ordered an SE (or any Mac for
that matter) and getting impatient to get it?  How long does it take them?

-blm
--
Brian L Moore                                  |
Purdue University Engineering Computer Network |  internet: blm@ecn.purdue.edu

surfin@matt.ksu.ksu.edu (William M Harris) (10/15/90)

blm@aquarium.ecn.purdue.edu (Brian L Moore) writes:

>A friend of mine ordered a Mac SE (w/ 2MB mem, 40MB HD) quite a while ago, and
>it has not arrived yet.  Has anyone else recently ordered an SE (or any Mac for
>that matter) and getting impatient to get it?  How long does it take them?

I ordered the same machine about a month ago and it still hasn't come yet....
Supposably it takes 3 to 6 weeks to get it so I'm not too worried yet...
although it seems like the longest 3to6weeks of my life!  :-)

WMH

gaynor@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Jim Gaynor) (10/15/90)

In article <1990Oct14.045827.8674@ecn.purdue.edu> blm@aquarium.ecn.purdue.edu (Brian L Moore) writes:
>A friend of mine ordered a Mac SE (w/ 2MB mem, 40MB HD) quite a while ago, and
>it has not arrived yet. Has anyone else recently ordered an SE (or any Mac for
>that matter) and getting impatient to get it?  How long does it take them?

	As chronicles by many others, as well as myself, most of Apple's
manufacturing capability has been oriented towards producing Mac Classics and
Mac IIsi's in mass quantity for today's big intro.

	Rumor:  Mac SE sales continued to be rather brisk during the
last month - enough that Apple may not have enough SEs, and will ship
Classics to some buyer instead (approval of buyer needed, of course).

	But, on the other hand, Apple folks have said that their
facilities can still make SEs and IIcx's for those who truly have need
(and cash?)

	As usual, the rumors are all lies.  Damn lies.

| Jim Gaynor - The Ohio State Univ. - IRCC - Facilities Mgmt. - OCES  <whew!> |
| Email [gaynor@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu], [gaynor@agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu] |
|_  "Don't tell me truth hurts, little girl; because it hurts like hell..."  _|