[comp.sys.mac.misc] Need database information

murphy@excalibur.cs.unc.edu (Ransom Murphy) (10/13/90)

Could someone tell me who makes the following and if possible
tell me how to contact them:
Ingres
I-Base
Informix
Double Helix
4th Dimension

Thanks,
Ransom

Ransom Murphy 			Internet: murphy@cs.unc.edu
Department of Computer Science	PH# 919-962-1708
Chapel Hill, NC  27599

hp48sx@wuarchive.wustl.edu (HP48SX Archive Maintainer) (10/13/90)

I am also looking for a simple database.
It will be used an inventory control, and thus it must
be possible to select any number of items in any quantity,
and then get the stock counter to count down by  the correct
amount.

It should also be able to create an invoice with a list of
all the aquired items.

I need to be able to select items from 3 bases at once. Each
database is independent of each other, but if people get stuff from
more than one of them, then I still onmly want 1 invoice.

Any cheap solutions ? (apart from writing it myself)

thanks,
Povl

Povl H. Pedersen             hp48sx@wuarchive.wustl.edu
HP48sx archive maintainer

bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu (BMUG) (10/16/90)

In article <16735@thorin.cs.unc.edu> murphy@excalibur.cs.unc.edu (Ransom Murphy) writes:
>Could someone tell me who makes the following and if possible
>tell me how to contact them:
>Ingres
Ingres Corporation (just acquired by ASK, Inc.)
Emeryville, CA.
>I-Base
No clue.
>Informix
Informix, Inc., Lenexa, KS (I think)
>Double Helix
Odesta, Inc., Northbrook, IL (I think)
>4th Dimension
ACIUS, Inc., Cupertino, CA 415-252-4444 (I'm sure about this one :-)

If you ask about Informix and perhaps I-Base on comp.databases, you'll
probably get replies directly from the companies.

John Heckendorn
                                                             /\
BMUG                      ARPA: bmug@garnet.berkeley.EDU    A__A
1442A Walnut St., #62     BITNET: bmug@ucbgarne             |()|
Berkeley, CA  94709       Phone: (415) 549-2684             |  |